Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Homemade "Clip It Up"

I thought I'd share my version of the Clip It Up (by Simply Renee).  Below is the real Clip It Up:

As I was organizing my new scraproom, I came upon this item that once housed paints, inks, and other assorted art supplies.  I haven't used it in a few years and almost got rid of it at a yard sale.   Thank God I didn't, because as it sat on the floor collecting dust, I had this brilliant idea to make it into my own Clip It Up!.  

This craft organizer is metal with three rotating squares that each held 4 plastic square containers to hold supplies.   It's called the Essentials Craft Storage Spinner by Plaid.                  

Pinned Image


So, as I was staring at this spinner, it occurred to me that I could use two out of the three rotating metal squares and attach them at two different heights to hold all my stickers.  As I started this project and began clipping on my stickers, I realized that I could only use one square.  I bought several metal shower curtain hooks (at Walmart, of course!) that are wonderful for this type of storage, as I could put several stickers by category onto one hook.  So far, it's working out great and although it might not look like it, I still have more room to add more stickers.  I would like to get one more for all my ribbon!





I hope this inspires you to look around your home for items you might be able to repurpose.    I'm linking up to "The Weekly Roundup" at It's A Blog Party and Under The Table And Dreaming.   Stop by and check them out!

Thanks for stopping by!






4 comments:

HoosierHomemade said...

What a great organizing idea! Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

AJ Blanton said...

A fantastic idea for organizing!
~AJ

Etcetorize said...

Great idea and recycle! Would love for you to stop by Etcetorize to share this at the Make it Great linky party that start tonight (http://etcetorize.blogspot.com). Hope to see you there~

Gloria Westerman said...

I saw this on Under the table and drean and had to come and look at this....what a clever idea....but I don't have desk space I'm going to hang this from my ceiling....thank you so much for sharing....